First aid statistics
First aid saves lives, but how important is it to learn basic first aid skills? Check out these first aid statistics.
– Up to 150,000 people in the UK die each year in situations where first aid could make a difference 
– In the US, poisoning killed nearly 40,000 people in 2009 and is the second most common cause of accidental death 
– Every year an estimated 150,000 people in the UK have a stroke. 
– Sudden Cardiac Arrest is a leading cause of death in the US, accounting for an estimated 325,000 deaths every year 
– You can learn Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in under 2 minutes by watching this video
– Only 9% of UK parents are confident and willing to perform first aid on their children 
Do you know a good first aid statistic? Feel free to leave us a comment!
Wow! Those statistics are so sad. I can’t believe that many people die, and could have been helped. More people should get certified in First Aid/CPR so that they feel more confident when dealing with emergency situations.
I believe that it is important that more people get trained to be able to save lives in case of emergency