The Complete First Aid Pocket Guide
By John Furst
The only first aid book you will ever need!
From minor cuts and burns, to heart attacks and strokes, this handy, take-anywhere first aid guide gives you the knowledge and advice you need to recognize and respond to any medical emergency.
Be prepared for any medical emergency and handle it safely and efficiently with The Complete First Aid Pocket Guide. Quickly identify signs and symptoms of a wide range of medical conditions and learn how to recognize the difference between a minor injury or illness, and those that are more serious with this essential handbook.
Each section of The Complete First Aid Pocket Guide includes a quick list of signs and symptoms to look for and step-by-step first aid instructions for dealing with each situation, all in user-friendly, simple language that’s easy to understand. Medical issues covered include:
- First aid basics, including roles and responsibilities of a first aider, managing an incident, activating emergency services, and infection control
- Lifesaving skills including the recovery position, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Minor injuries and conditions, including soft tissue injuries, splinters, blisters, eye injuries, nosebleed, diarrhea, and vomiting
- Traumatic injuries including severe bleeding, amputation, shock, fractures, crush injuries, burns, and head and neck injuries
- Medical emergencies including heart attack, stroke, asthma, anaphylaxis, hypoglycemia, meningitis, seizures, poisoning, and emergency childbirth
- Environmental conditions including hypothermia, frostbite, heat stroke, sunburn, and lightning strike
- Pediatric emergencies and illnesses, including assessing an unresponsive child or baby, pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), choking, croup, and febrile seizures
- First aid kit lists for home, vehicles, and outdoor use
With an appendix featuring an A-to-Z list of every condition covered, it’s easy for you to quickly find the exact information you need in any situation you may face. With its small trim and portable size, The Complete First Aid Pocket Guide is the perfect addition to a home first aid kit, car first aid kit, disaster-survival bag, as well as a pocket companion for EMTs and other first responders in the field.
Buy The Complete First Aid Pocket Guide now! Available from all major book retailers as paperback or eBook.
Meet the Author
JOHN FURST is an experienced emergency medical technician and qualified first aid and CPR instructor. His instructor career began with the Red Cross, and he now works as a freelance first aid instructor and assessor.
He has worked as an EMT and first responder for many years and is able to draw upon his extensive real-world experience when teaching first aid classes.
John is passionate about first aid and believes everyone should have the skills and confidence to take action in an emergency situation. John runs the popular first aid blog www.firstaidforfree.com, where he regularly writes about current first aid topics and the latest best practices.
I bought to compare with my existing ‘official’ first aid manual. Contains lots of extra information & tips, but still remains small enough to carry around. Also has suggested first aid kit contents as an appendix which I found useful.– Amazon customer
This is a good read for a first aid manual. Very informative and easy to read. Will be very useful in a first aid situation as the problem can be diagnosed using the index and following the well explained diagnostic techniques for any type of emergency.– Amazon customer
I recently started an online first aid course run by the author – John Furst and decided to buy a copy of his book and am really pleased I did. The book is helping me with my studying, it is well laid out and contains excellent advice on a wide range of topics.– Amazon customer